Location: Remotely/Colombia (regional applications welcomed, mainly from the Caribbean Coast)
Contract: 1 year contract with possible extension, full-time
Salary: $ 4.000.000
Children Change Colombia (CCC) is seeking a Bid Writer and Social Media Officer based in Colombia to join our dynamic team that operates in the UK and Colombia. This is an amazing opportunity to join a unique organisation with 32 years’ experience.
We are the largest UK charity working exclusively in Colombia. We work with children and their families to challenge poverty, inequality, discrimination and violence. Despite a growing economy and a recent peace deal with the country’s largest guerrilla group, millions of children in Colombia still face exclusion from the opportunities presented by a changing society. We work to ensure that children can claim their right to a safe and happy childhood and a fulfilling future.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, you will have a key role in increasing CCC’s income from trusts and foundations, large institutional donors, major and corporate donors and to support the production of content for social media and the website.
As Bid Writer and Social Media Officer, in a typical week at Children Change Colombia you will be researching new sources of restricted funding, writing reports about Colombian organisations and the amazing job we do together in supporting children in Colombia, and brainstorming on fundraising campaigns with other members of the fundraising team. You will also create posts, reels and videos for social media and write articles for the website and newsletters.
You are highly organised, independent, and innovative. You are willing to learn bid writing and are passionate about social media. You are also passionate about children’s rights and sustainable development, and you want to use all these qualities and skills to defend the rights of the most at risk children in Colombia
- Research and draft funding proposals for use with trusts and foundations, institutional and corporate donors
- Prepare narrative and financial reports for donors, using monitoring information from the programs department
- Research funding opportunities from institutional funders
- Conduct ongoing research into new trusts and donor trends
- Support communications team with information for written content for CCC’s online and printed communications (including biannual newsletters, Christmas Appeal, and leaflets)
- Dedicate 30% of the working time creating content for social media: post, reels and videos.
Programmes Support and Project information
- Attend projects inception meetings
- Work with the programmes team to prepare proposals and define objectives and results for donor documentation
- Visit projects around the country
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Social Communication, Journalism, Political science, etc)
- Excellent English in both writing and spoken forms (C1)
- Good Spanish in both written and and spoken forms (B2)
- Ability to gather, analyse and process information for reports and funding proposals
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to manage financial information for budgets and financial reports
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Experience using social media & scheduling platforms including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of Canva, Filmora or similar softwares to make posts, reels and edit videos
- Experience working with an international NGO
- Experience in raising funds from trusts, international grants and foundations
- Experience in raising funds from Colombian Government open calls
- An interest in International Development
- Familiarity with the Colombian context, understanding of the country’s recent history and current social issues
- Monthly home working allowance, in additional to salary
- Monthly home wellbeing allowance, in additional to salary
- Access to annual Education Fund for professional development opportunities ($ 1.000.000)
- 18 days statutory paid leave in addition to Colombian public holidays and 1 additional day’s leave pro-rata for each year of work, up to a ceiling of 22 days leave/year
Please note that the successful candidate will be expected to accept and commit to Children Change Colombia’s Child Protection and Safeguarding policies.
CCC is committed to diversity, and welcomes applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief or ability. We encourage people from the regions and small and medium cities to apply for this job.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by email to: [email protected] with the subject ‘Bid Writer and Social Media Officer’. All applications must be sent in English and use the CCC application form available here.
Applications Deadline: Monday 10th of April 2023
Interviews: Monday the 17th of April 2023